Properties are the most important sections of your website, and most likely you will set up several of them. There are different property options to choose from, each serving a purpose to help you build a finished site. You can create any number of properties on your website. In this section, we are going to see how to create a full detailed property page.
Before proceeding to the creation of a new property.
If you wish to have agents and agencies in your website and assign them properties, it is good practice to have already created the agents and created the agencies to which the properties could be associated.
Therefore we advise you to check the following articles:
If you also want to provide login access to agents and agencies to let them manage their properties we advise you to check the following articles:
How to create a new property
Navigate to Properties > Add New Property in your left sidebar. The Property section in your admin panel is provided with the following areas displayed in the image below.
1. Property title
Enter Title Here: Add a title name for your property
2. Featured Image
Locate the Featured Image box in your right sidebar. The Featured Image is a WordPress theme feature which allows you to upload the Cover Image of your property. This image will be displayed in listing pages, search result pages, Houzez custom modules, etc.
To add a featured image, simply click on Set Featured Image link inside the featured image box displayed in the screenshot above. This will open the WordPress Media Uploader. You can use that to upload an image from your computer or use an existing image from your media library.
3. Property Content
Locate the Visual Content Editor that allows you to easily create, edit, and format your property content in a view similar to that of a word processor. Use the content editor to enter all the property description content.
4. Property Panel
This panel is the core of the property creating page. Houzez has a complete Property Panel where to setup all property extra information and settings. This panel is located on the Property Page and contains different tabs that we are going to explain in this section.
Locate the Information tab in the Property Panel to add all data like sale price, area size, number of beds, etc.
- Sale or Rent Price: Enter the price for sale or for rent of your property. For example 557000 or See Upon Request
- Second Price (Display optional price for rental or square feet): This is an optional price where you can show the price per square feet or you can use as you want
- Before Price Label: It could be basically what you want. For example, Start From
- After Price Label: It could be basically what you want. For example Per Month
- Area Size (Only digits): Insert the property area size. For example 1500
- Size Prefix: Insert the property area size prefix. For example Sq Ft
- Land Area (Only digits): Insert the land area size. For example 1500
- Land Area Postfix: Insert the land area postfix. For example SqFt
- Bedrooms: add the number of bedrooms
- Bathrooms: add the number of bathromms
- Garages: add the number of garages
- Garages Size: add garage size. For example 1500
- Year Built: Insert the year when the property was built
- Property ID: add property ID
The Property ID can be also auto-generated. To enable this option, navigate to Theme Options > General and find the box here below. This option is disabled by default.
Locate the Map tab in the Property Panel to add the property address.
- Property Map: Select if you want to show or hide the map on the property page
- Property Address: Insert the property address. As soon you start type the address the system will suggest you the full formatted address. Houzez keeps this information from Google Map database.
- Property Location: Drag the google map marker to point your property location or click to Find Address button to locate the address on the map.
- Google Map Street View: Select if you want to show or hide the Google Map Street View on the property page
Locate the Property Settings tab in the Property Panel.
- Address (only street name and building no): Important: Insert only street name and building number. For example
- Zip: Insert the Zip/Area code
- Country: Select a Country
- Mark this property as featured? Select if you want to display this property as featured
- Logged in to view? This functionality has been added in version v.1.6. If you select Yes, only logged in user can view property details.
Locate the Property Gallery tab in the Property Panel to upload the property gallery images.
- Images Uploader: Click on + Add Media button inside Property Gallery box displayed in the screenshot above. This will open the WordPress Media Uploader. You can use that to upload an image from your computer or use an existing image from your media library.
- After to have uploaded your images then you can re-order with a simple drag and drop.
Locate the Video tab in the Property Panel to upload a property video.
- Video URL: Insert video URL. YouTube, Vimeo, SWF File and MOV File are supported.
- Thumbnail: Provide an image that will be displayed as a place holder and when user will click over it the video will be opened in a lightbox. You must provide this image otherwise the video will not be displayed. Image should have the minimum width of 818px and minimum height 417px. Bigger size images will be cropped automatically. Click on + Add Media button inside Video box displayed in the screenshot above. This will open the WordPress Media Uploader. You can use that to upload an image from your computer or use an existing image from your media library.
360° Virtual Tour
Locate the 360° Virtual Tour tab in the Property Panel. The virtual tour functionality works fine with embed code provided by services as matterport.com
- Virtual Tour: Get the embed code of your virtual tour service
- Copy and paste the embed code provided by your service in the Virtual Tour box
Locate the Contact Information tab in the Property Panel.
- What information do you want to display in agent data container? Select the information you want to dsplay
- Author data
- Do not display data container
- Agent Responsible: The property can be assigned to one of your agents but will not show under agent account
Locate the Property Slider tab in the Property Panel. Use the Slider tab to display the property in the custom Houzez Property Slider
- Do you want to add this property in property slider? If you select Yes, this property will be displayed in the custom Houzez Property Slider
- Slider Image: Select the image that will be use as slider image. The recommended image size is 2000 x 700 px. You can use bigger and smaller images but keep the same height to width ratio. Use the same size for all images of the properties you want to add to the slider.
Multi Units / Sub Properties
Locate the Multi Units / Sub Properties tab in the Property Panel. This feature allow you to list multi units or sub properties within the property detail page.
- Multi Units / Sub Properties: Enable or disable
- Title: Add the unit title
- Price: unit price
- Price Postfix: insert the price postfix
- Bedrooms: Number of bedrooms
- Bathrooms: Number of bathrooms
- Property Size: Insert the size
- Size Postfix: insert the postfix for sizes like Sqft or Mt/q at your choice
- Property Type: Insert the property type, it can be what ever like Apartment or Living room
- Availability Date: insert the date of availability
- Click on + Add more button do add more sub unit
Locate the Home Plans tab in the Property Panel. Enabling this feature you can add unlimited floor plans information to your property.
- Floor Plans: Enable / disable
- Plan Title: Insert plan title
- Plan Bedrooms: Insert number of plan bedrooms
- Plan Bathrooms: Insert number of plan bathrooms
- Plan Price: Insert plan price
- Price Postfix: Insert price postfix
- Plan Size: Insert plan size
- Plan Image: Upload plan image
- Plan Description: Insert plan description
- Click on Add more button if you need to add more property plans
Locate the Attachments tab in the Property Panel.
Attachments: You can attach PDF files, Map images OR other documents to provide further details related to property. Click on + Add Media button inside Attachments box displayed in the screenshot above. This will open the WordPress Media Uploader. You can use that to upload a file from your computer or use an existing file from your media library.
Locate the Layout tab in the Property Panel. Use the Layout tab to overwrite the global Detail Property Options and display this property with a custom layout.
- Property Top Type: Set property top area type.
- Property Content Layout: Set property content area type.
Locate the Private Notes tab in the Property Panel. Use the Private Notes tab to write a private note for the property. This notes will never be displayed for the public.
Locate the Private Notes tab in the Property Panel. This feature is for who do business in Europe.
- Energy Class: Select the energy class of the building
- Global energy performance index: For i.e. 92.42 kWh / m²a
- Renewable energy performance index: For i.e. 1.00 kWh / m²a
- Energy performance of the building: Enter the building energy performance
5. Additional Details
Locate the Additional Details that allows you to add unlimited additional features/details to your property.
- Title: Insert additional feature title
- Value: Insert additional feature value
- Click on + Add more button if you need to add more additional features
6. Property Type
Locate the Property Type box on the right sidebar. Select the property type that represent the property. View how to manage the Property Type.
7. Property Status
Locate the Property Status box on the right sidebar. Select the property status. View how to manage the Property Status.
8. Property City
Locate the Property City box on the right sidebar. Select the property City. View how to manage the Property City.
9. Property County/States
Locate the Property County/States box on the right sidebar. Select the property County/States. View how to manage the County/States.
10. Property Neighborhood
Locate the Property Neighborhood box on the right sidebar. Select the property Neighborhood. View how to manage the Neightborhood.
11. Property Features
Locate the Property Features box on the right sidebar. Select the property features. View how to manage the Property Features.
12. Property Labels
Locate the Property Labels box on the right sidebar. Select the property labels. View how to manage the Property Labels.
13. Property Expirator
Locate the Property Expirator box on the right sidebar. Use this box to make the property to expire at a predefined date and time.
14. Paid Submissions
Locate the Property Submissions box on the right sidebar. The Property Submission box display the property Payment Status. Manage the property payment status using the Change Payment Status list option.
15 . Publish
Locate the Publish box on the right sidebar. Use the box below to publish the property, save as draft or preview changes.