If you’ve purchased our theme at ThemeForest, you’ll need to download the theme file before you try and install it. Simply log into your account, go to your downloads and locate your theme. Click on the download button and select the “Installable WordPress file only”. This will download the zip file for your theme.
Install WordPress first
Many web hosts now offer tools (e.g. Fantastico) to automatically install WordPress for you. However, if you wish to install WordPress yourself, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex or you can watch the Instructional Video created by LearnWebCode.
Install Houzez via WordPress
Please follow the video below to install theme and import one of the available demos from WordPress.
- Step 1 – Navigate to Appearance > Themes
- Step 2 – Click Add New and click the Upload button.
- Step 3 – Browse to find the Houzez.zip file on your computer and click Install Now
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
- Step 5 – After you activate Houzez you will see a notification message to activate the required plugins in the Plugins section of your dashboard. Visual Composer plugin is required.
- Step 6 – Click on Install Button on each plugin to start installing them. After you’ve installed them, Activate them.
Houzez includes six plugins that will need to be installed and activated: Houzez Theme – Functionality, Houzez Login Register, Slider Revolution, WP Bakery Visual Composer, Contact Form 7 and MailChimp for WP. When you install Houzez, you will get a notification message in your WordPress admin telling you of the required and recommended plugins.
- Houzez Theme – Functionality: Theme core functionality plugin. Make sure this is always installed and activated.
- Houzez Login Register: Adds login register functionality for Houzez theme. Make sure this is always installed and activated.
- Slider Revolution: This is a premium slider plugin created by ThemePunch.
- WPBakery Visual Composer: This is a premium slider plugin created by WpBakery.
- Contact Form 7: This plugin can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
- MailChimp for WP: This plugin adds sign-up methods for your MailChimp lists to your WordPress site.
Plugin installation & update notification
When you install Houzez or update Houzez, you will receive a WordPress notification message letting you know to install or update the required and recommended plugins. Please follow the on-screen prompts to install, activate or update.
NOTE: Licence code for Visual Composer and Revolution Slider is not include. However you can use them freely or activate your license (if you have) to get plugin update. This it is the Envato policy, also authors of these plugins not allow any theme developer to provide Purchase Code for third party plugins. Anyway we provide plugins latest version within theme update so your website will always updated and secure.
The Child Theme
It’s recommend to install and activate also the Child Theme provided with Houzez.
A child theme automatically inherits the parent theme’s features, styles, and templates. This allows you to make changes to your site using child themes without ever modifying the parent theme. When a new version of the parent theme arrives, you can safely update it as all your modifications are saved in the child theme. A child theme built on a powerful theme framework allows a great deal of flexibility without writing a lot of code. You can selectively modify only the template files and functions that you need without going through other template files. You can add new functionality and much more. (from http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-child-theme-pros-cons/)