Houzez supports custom WordPress menus with multiple levels of dropdown and mega menu support for the main menu. You can assign a custom menu for each of these menu locations:
- Main Menu
- Top Menu
- Footer Menu
As soon as you have created your menu and assigned it to a location, it will appear on the website.
Create a new menu
Navigate to Appearance > Menus section of your admin sidebar and locate the create a new menu link as displayed in the image below.
- Click the Create A New Menu link to make a new menu.
- Enter the name then click the Create Menu button
- To add a menu item, select one of your created pages on the left-hand side and click the Add to Menu button. You can also add all kinds of different posts from the left side.
- To add a custom menu item, enter a custom name and link into the Links box.
- Manage your menus by using the drag and drop functionality. To create a drop-down menu, simply drag a menu item below and slightly to the right of another menu item, and it will lock into place and create a drop-down section
- After setting up your menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page (Menu Settings) to assign the menu to one of the 3 locations in the Theme Locations box (Main Menu, Top Menu or Footer Menu). You can also choose to add automatically new top-level pages to this menu.
- Once its all done, make sure you click the Save Menu button.
Assigning a menu to a theme location
Navigate to Appearance > Menus section of your admin sidebar and locate the Manage Locations tab as displayed in the image below.
- Main Menu: This is the Main Menu that shows in the Header area.
- Top Menu: This is the menu you can display in the Top Bar
- Footer Menu: This is the Footer Menu that shows in the Footer area.